In the next 10 years, over 20% of the US workforce will retire. That’s a growing population of well-established professionals, the majority of which have been in their current position 8 or more years. Knowing and anticipating that change could keep an HR Director awake at night.
With 53% of business leaders saying their greatest challenge is recruitment and retention of top-performing managers, great staff is a clear priority. But any recruiter will tell you that it takes an average of nearly 2 months to find the right candidate and fill an open role. That means recruitment tactics are increasingly important and creating efficiencies for those responsible for attracting new talent is, too.
- Job postings occurred internally, on public job boards and in the newspaper.
- Websites Housed Job Descriptions, with direct-to-HR contact information for applications.
- Resumes contained CV’s, offering more reading/opportunity for recruiters to understand skills.
- Tenure for employees averaged decades or more.
- Baby Boomers preferred person to person interaction and engagement.
PRESENT & FUTURE
- Job postings occur internally, on public job boards and in print.
- Social Media sites like Linkedin offer job postings, connection and interaction.
- Employer Review Sites like GlassDoor crowdsource critique of culture and brand.
- Applicant Tracking Systems function as the gatekeeper for applicants and shield HR from public view.
- Introduction of Gen Z to the marketplace, who prefer to digitize interaction.
With the landscape changed to this degree, recruiting solutions must be robust, responding to the use as his or her needs require.
- The use of audience targeting to find a group reflecting the personas and characteristics of your desired candidates
- Using geo-location (geo-fencing) to conquest existing employees from desirable institutions of learning or business
- List Match previous applicants to keep your brand top of mind
- Optimize your careers page to encourage conversions in click-to-call or, if preferred, form fills
75% of the candidate pool would consider change in their workplace or career, but only 61% of companies are seeking passive (undeclared) applicants. Take advantage of this important gap, and your organization could reap the rewards for years to come.
During onboarding, we develop mutually agreeable indicators of success and goals with each client. During our investigation/onboarding phase, we develop, with each client, mutually agreeable…
Hiring Your Own Digital Marketer
Digital Media is a commodity. You heard us right. We’re telling you that it should be considered a raw material, bought and sold for the…
DIY: Videography, OR Eating Tacos in 3 Shots
Nick Behling tells us about three key shots he uses to craft a video sequence.