The Hard Truth
Along with brand awareness concerns, high withdrawal rates by working adults enrolled in Bachelors and Master’s Degree programs were concerning our client. After a survey of potential students within a 200 mile radius of university found that 54% were not aware of the brand, it validated that awareness, enrollment, and retention needed to be the top priorities.
- Business and healthcare programs were identified as growth areas for the university based on the demand they were seeing.
- Online classes were used as a way to maximize enrollment outside of the immediate geography, and offer a benefit to those with proximity to the brick and mortar location.
- General branding materials were concentrated on prospective students within 100 miles of the university.
- Specific targets of Associates Degree completion maximized the retention strategy and built new audiences with similar attributes.
- Interest-based messaging was targeted at individuals with clear MBA intention behaviors.
- High frequency re-messaging was deployed for the university’s website and, more specifically, by targeted programs pages.
To increase degree completion enrollment to 950 and double graduate program enrollment to 310 (both by FY20).
The strategy is paying off and the university is already seeing results.