Warm The Children is a national program whose mission is to provide new warm winter clothing for children in need. During the past 18 years, the WTC program has served more than 29,000 local children in Washtenaw and Livingston Counties. AnnArbor.com absorbs program overhead, Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation serves as fiscal sponsor and United Bank & Trust processes all donations. Support from these organizations allows for 100% of your donation to provide warm clothes for children. Over 3,000 children were shopped for during the 2012 Warm the Children program at $90 per child.
- A program made up of a complex network of donors and volunteers. The program is dependent upon honesty, sincerity, commitment and respect of the privacy and dignity of all involved. Area school and agency social workers identify and refer children in need. Volunteers process nearly 3,000 referrals and enter the information into a database. Purchase orders are generated for each child in the family (ages newborn through age 16). The shoppingmanager divides the families and sends to them to group shopping coordinators who then assign each family to a shopper. The shopper coordinates a meeting time with the family and meets them at an area Target store to help them shop. They pay for the items with the purchase order – $90 per child.
- The Ann Arbor News absorbs program overhead. The Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation serves as fiscal sponsor and United Bank & Trust processes all donations. Support from these organizations allows for 100% of your donation to provide warm clothes
- During the past 15 years, the WTC program has served more than 23,000 local children in Washtenaw and Livingston Counties.
- Has raised nearly 3 million dollars.
- Donations come from The Ann Arbor News readers, businesses and individuals from the community. They come in cash and checks ranging from 25 cents to thousands of dollars.
- Every dollar donated goes to purchase new warm clothing (small % fee is incurred for online donations*).
- Children throughout Washtenaw County and limited areas in Livingston County are served by the Warm the Children campaign.
Shopping is underway for the 2013/14 season. Help us achieve our goal of raising $250,000 now to serve 3,000 children in the winter of 2014/15!
In person at any United Bank & Trust branch in Washtenaw County or Livingston County
By mail. Download form and mail with a check or money order to:
Warm the Children
c/o United Bank & Trust
PO Box 1127
Ann Arbor, MI 48106-1127
For your convenience, online donations are accepted using the online donation form below. *However, credit card processing fees apply to donations made online ($0.99 + 5.5%). For example, a fee of $3.74 is added to a donation of $50. If you want 100% of your donation to go to Warm the Children, download a form and mail it with a check or money order to the address above.
If you have any additional questions please call 734 623-2525 or email us at WarmtheChildren@mlive.com
Would you like to be a volunteer for Warm the Children?
The Warm the Children program relies on volunteers to help with shopping as well as some administrative duties. Our WTC coordinator will match up families with volunteer shoppers who meet the family at Target and assist the family with shopping. This program kicks off in the Fall and if you are interested in becoming a volunteer in any capacity, please fill out the form below and a Warm the Children coordinator will contact you.