PRINT AD SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Click here to download a pdf of our NEW print ad specs
- Whenever possible, we prefer to receive images in electronic form. We can process most formats.
- Images should be 300dpi
- Images should be in .jpeg, .tif, or .eps format.
- Do not send .png or .bmp files.
- Anything downloaded from the Internet will not be print ready art.
- If using Illustrator, please include fonts or convert them to Outlines prior to sending.
- Please make sure the color space is CMYK
- Resolution should be set to 300dpi
- All fonts should be embedded
- The PDF should be flattened, which can be done by making it compatible with Acrobat 4
- Large Illustrator backgrounds need to be flattened in Illustrator
- Use Photoshop clipping paths instead of transparent .psd files.
- Any copy greater than 50 words should be sent as a text document via email, or in either Microsoft Word or plain text format. We can also accept text and layout created in InDesign.
- Please do not set body copy in Photoshop or it will come out as 4 color black.
Print Ad Specs
- Offset press computer to plate.
- All halftones should be 150-line screen.
- Any shadow in excess of 90 percent can be expected to print solid black.
- Line shots and drawings should have firm solid lines no smaller than 0.5 points.
- Type set below 5 point is difficult to read and should be avoided.
- Reverse copy should be set in a bold sans serif typeface.
- Sharp, in-focus images reproduce much better than “soft” focus photos.
- A well adjusted image will have clean bright highlights, a full range of midtones balanced with good shadows to bring out contrast in the image. Images that lack contrast will look flat in print. Use the unsharp mask filter on all images to increase contrast in detail areas.
- The MLive Media Group electronically paginates the newspaper and typesets pages directly to plate. Non-electronic advertising materials will be subject to several generations of quality loss in the pagination process. Please submit electronic files for best reproduction.
We accept files in both Mac & PC format.
For information on advertising in one of our affiliated newspapers, please visit www.mlive.com/placead.